Monday, September 21, 2015

Ville de lumière et moi

I made a trip to Paris cuz it was my birthday and all. Needless to say, the city was as beautiful as ever. La rentrée really for me is and always was the best time of the year, even if it rains a bit.

I was trying to figure out HOW LONG it had been since I last visited Paris but I couldn't. It must have been in the late 1990's as I more or less moved from Brussels to Helsinki in 2000 and have been mostly having kids after that... And in the 2010s my travels have been to the States and not in Europe.

Yep, for me going back to France or Belgium is like going back to the person I was in my 20s. It is therefore also a little sad. Sweet and sad at the same time. God, I NEVER had any money (not that much has changed in that sense) and I loved people watching, photography, window shopping and movies!

I must say, I believe that deep down a person doesn't really change that much... over the years.














No comments:

Post a Comment