Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Iritis

Don't you just fear that moment at the doctor's when they sit down, look you in the eye and go: "Well, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you." I had that moment last Friday.

I have had bad eyes forever, been very very myopic since I was about 12 years old. I went through some surgery four years ago and all's been more or less fine. Two weeks ago, I had a mild flu and during that, I felt my right eye was "hurting" a bit. For some time, it has also hurt in bright light. "Iritis", the doctor said and sent me home with cortisone drops.

I went back for check-up on Friday. Turns out I will be needing surgery asap. Long story short: I am pretty down. It could be worse of course and there are bigger issues in the Universe but still, it's my right eye we're talking about...


No comments:

Post a Comment