Thursday, July 31, 2014

My New Car

I was a car owner before I had a driver's licence. After that, I just drove it all the time, everywhere and enjoyed it very much. I had another car later and yet another even later. This time it was an automatic. And I loved all of them dearly. Parting ways with them was a hard choice each time.

Now, I am - voluntarily - carless for the first time in almost 15 years. And I don't mind. I have found something else to take me from place A to place B. A bike. This is actually Maia's, mine is being repaired... Just like cars, they are like that! And I enjoy the same freedom to come and go as I like. Even parking is easier now, and I don't get those hhmm regular $$$ parking tickets no more.

 
I've biked to work every day for over 2 weeks and counting.

1 comment:

  1. Cars serve their purpose as a private vehicle. They're safe, secured and get you from point A to point B, so I know exactly why it was hard to part ways with one. Anyway, bicycles are definitely a great way to commute, and just like you mentioned, great for parking as well. I hope you're enjoying biking around the city. What exactly made you go carless, Jenni? Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care! :)

    Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

    ReplyDelete