Monday, August 6, 2012

My Favourite Day -- Going Home

I have always loved the way Finland welcomes me -- penniless and wounded sometimes -- from my trips to far-away places. She doesn't dazzle me with city lights or high towers. No, she closes her hairy, green arms on me and hugs the hell outta me with the most soothing of green colour there is on this earth. She makes me feel she really loves me.

I'm flying home today!


This is pretty much what it looks like when you land in Helsinki.
And then, at the very moment of landing, there appears to be some kind of an airport there :D

2 comments:

  1. I flew home two weeks before... and will fly out to Canada on Friday. Finland did hug me, kiss me and just let me breathe for a while. So many dear ones here. The safest place in the world. So I believe. Yet I also want to discover...

    ReplyDelete